Paddleboarding is one of the fastest growing sports worldwide. There’s good reason for this since it is a great workout and a bunch of fun. Also almost anyone can dissipate in the sport. Selecting your first paddleboard, though, can be a challenge.
When you’re ready to purchase a paddleboard, you need to determine your budget and how you plan to use it. We have five different tips below that’ll help you with this:
- Know the types of paddle boards available. You need to know the differences between the paddleboard’s if you want to find the one that is ideal for you. Some of the boards will have some crossover, as most people want to use their boards for different things. There are four common types of paddle boards on the market, though. The first one is the all-around SUP. This one is great for beginners and can work in all conditions. The next one is the surf SUP. My buddy at Smyrna Junk Pros click here for more info loves this one. More intermediate paddlers use this type of board since it is more maneuverable but easier to fall off of. Third is the touring board. This one is for more serious paddlers. The last style is the race SUP boards. These are extra long and wide for open ocean competitions or flat water races.
- The next consideration is the size you need. This will be determined by your experience and your weight. Beginners typically choose a wider board for the stability. As you advance, you can always purchase a board with less volume.
- After you have determined the type and size you want, you need to decide if you want an epoxy paddleboard or an inflatable one. This is typically determined by your budget, transportation, and storage options.
- Paddleboard storage is an important factor in determining which board to purchase. You need to keep your board of the elements to maximize its lifespan and condition. It is recommended that your board be stored indoors when not being used.
- Finding the best value is another consideration. There are many companies that sell paddle boards, so finding the perfect one can be overwhelming. You need to research each company and what they offered to determine which one is best for you.
Regardless of the type of board you wish to purchase, price is a big concern for most people. You don’t want a cheap board, but you also don’t wanna super expensive one. You will need to do a lot of research to compare the boards and their prices. Try to find a company that will offer you a guarantee so if you try out the board and don’t like it, you can return it.
A lot goes into buying a paddleboard. Make sure you are informed and do your research to find the one that is best for you.