Standup paddleboarding, also known as SUP, is a wonderful kind of workout. If you love yoga, though, doing it on a paddleboard will push you further than you thought was possible while you enjoy floating on water. There are many reasons you should give SUP yoga a try:
- It makes your yoga workout better. Since the platform of the paddleboard is unstable, you must use more of your core to balance yourself. You will have to focus more and work harder when you are on the water. My friends over at http://www.pflugervillepromovers.com/
- actually had a few of these for sale recently from a local seller who just didn’t need them any more. They were priced lower than anywhere I have seen, even for used ones!
- It will force you to refine your techniques. For example, when you do a yoga pose and put more weight on one side, your board will shift in that direction, letting you know your technique is off.
- It is combing calming. As you float, you will feel the heaviness leave your body.
- Paddleboard yoga will help you focus on your breathing. The sound of the ocean will help to soothe your mind and make you more conscious of your breathing. You will be able to better relax, a key aspect of yoga.
- You will feel empowered. You can get a unique perspective of the nature around you as you stand up on the paddleboard. Is the closest thing you can do to walking on water. It forces you to focus on your poses and yourself to keep from falling.
- It’s a lot of fun. To stay motivated, having fun during your exercise regimen is important. When you mix things up you reduce boredom and your potential risk of being injured. Paddleboarding yoga will help keep things fresh for you.
- It’s a little bit scary. Falling into the water is a real possibility, so your adrenaline kicks in and helps you to be more motivated and focused.
- You learn to get back up. If you fall into the water, you must climb back up onto your board to try again and overcome the setback. This itself is a life lesson.
- Paddleboard yoga is challenging. You have less room for air when the paddleboard is your mat. If you feel like you have mastered your current yoga class, you should certainly give this a try.
- It adds beauty to your life. You are able to enjoy the natural landscape as you soak up vitamin D and breathe the fresh air. The scenery is better than any gym out there. It gives you a sense of being one with nature.
Participating in paddleboard yoga is a wonderful idea for anyone that enjoys yoga. Go ahead, give it a try.